Welcome to Garden of lemons in the Andalusian valley El Valle de Lecrín.
Garden of lemons is a retreat for people seeking experiences, peace and contemplation in beautiful surroundings. The place is situated infinitely beautiful in the shelter of the Sierra Nevada between Granada and the Mediterranean withdrawn from tourism usual routes, and here is green and lush year round. It is a sensual experience to be here. Each month of the year has its own smells and colors starting with the almond trees in the early spring.
When we first came here in 2011, we instantly fell for the beauty around us and thought that we had to find an opportunity to take root. Soon we found the country house Jardín de los limones that lay as a ruin but today appears as an elegant and detached finca, surrounded by terraces and gardens with olive, orange and fruit trees. To establish the retreat Garden of lemons, we have since purchased and renovated the village house El limón – a house with magnificent views of the mountains “Las Alpujarras” and the villages in the valley. The two comfortable houses are located only a few kilometers from each other and have fine architectural details that blend both Nordic and South-European stylistic features.
In spring and autumn we arrange:
- Andalusia discovered – a week of experiences and well-being: A personally told introduction to Spanish culture and the Spanish cuisine with guided tours of the area. We visit Granada and indulge in the spa and massages of the luxurious Arab baths. We visit the coast, and head north to the Renaissance cities of Baeza and Ubeda. In addition, there will be dinners prepared by the house chef, as well as an introduction to wine, sherry and tapas, and of course time to unwind from the activities of the day.
- Food and life: A cooking course inspired by the Mediterranean and especially Andalusian cuisine. Sharing pots, pans and inspiration, as we cook with the most fabulous products and enjoy food and wine with family and friends. On organised tours, we will explore the surroundings and the city of Granada, along with visits to food producers and wineries.
- Painting classes in the spring of 2017 with the English painter Roberta Gordon-Smith. The week will include walks in the countryside, a tour to Granada and lovely dinners cooked by the house chef. All materials are included. Are you couple, that like to travel, but only one of you likes painting, don’t worry there will be plenty to entertain you both.
- Hiking in the Sierra Nevada, Las Alpujarras and the Sierra de Tejeda: The area is rich in opportunities for short as well as longer walks through the beautiful countryside. We have put together a varied program of walks that lead us to mountain tops, through pine-forests and orchards of almond, olive and citrus-trees to picturesque towns and beautiful vantage points. Every day will be finished with beautiful and colourful dinners, prepared by the house chef.
- An introduction to Sherry and Tapas: Sherry is a Spanish wine that lately has been gaining increased awareness, and become quite fashionable outside of its regular audience. Head chefs worldwide now use sherry in a variety of culinary dishes. We ourselves are sherry lovers particularly when combined together with tapas …
Click on the individual sub-menus to view information about programs, dates and prices.